Real Estate and Me
I was bored. I had finally completed my BA degree after driving up and down the NJ Parkway to Kean U. for seven years. Now, it was summer and I actually had a hard time adjusting to the rhythm of “no-school” and I realized that I needed intellectual stimulation to keep me feeling balanced. I was juggling an impossible schedule with a husband, two kids, aging parents, and rising costs. So when a friend suggested that I take a real estate licensing course I gave it some thought. My long term plan was to return to college someday and hopefully achieve a Masters, and maybe even a PhD. My husband was not quite supportive of that idea but really liked the real estate idea. No doubt he was looking at the economic possibilities. So I went to real estate school.
In 1984 the real estate market was HOT!! After a 6-week course followed by a state test, I sold three houses my first week in the business and got hooked on success and didn’t look back for many years. After twenty years I retired from active sales, listing, management and training to fulfill another dream that had been put “on hold”. There are many stories to tell about real estate and me and I know there’s an audience for the experience, strength, and wisdom gained from my career in real estate. Real Estate taught me just about everything I needed to know in life………………..to be continued.
Available for training/workshops/retreats/personal consultations/lectures/keynotes/coaching. I’d love to hear from you.
1984 – 2015 NJ Licensed Real Estate Broker*
Experienced in Sales, Training & Development,
Management, & Administration
- Conceived, organized and delivered statewide training modules in Communication Skills, Time Management, Creating a Business Plan, Feng Shui, and Stress Management 1989-1999
- Managed office of 20 agents (Landmark Agency, Prudential Realty 1992)
- Member of MCAR Public Relations & Educational Committees
- Multi-Million-Dollar Sales Club Awards (1985,1986, Monmouth County, NJ)
- Assistant to the President (GNR 1993, 1997) 9 offices thruout NJ. Duties included: speechwriting, training, public relations, marketing & sales.
- Annual Convention Speaker – North Carolina Board of Realtors 2000 & 2001
- Speaker/Presenter Monmouth County Assoc. Realtors & South Monmouth Assoc. Feng Shui for Realtors.
* broker license currently with Genora & Co. Realtors, Asbury Park, NJ